Monday, February 13, 2012

Henna Newbie

   Ok I said that I would get more into blogging about my hair and making vids so here we GO!!! Aight after watching endless vids on the TUBE and reading very informative blogs and Naturalsunshine post I decided to bit the bullet and try Henna. I am so glad I did I purchased my Nupur Henna from my Local Indian food Mart for $2.00 I got two bags just in case ....I only used on bag I made my mixture thick because I didn't want to have it runny and gross feeling. Once again after doing my research I learned what great product needed to go in my mixture I will list everything down below.I can say I truly enjoyed Henna I will be adding this into my regimen I am trying to get my hair in a healthier state so that I can retain more length and reach my hair goal which is MBL (Mid back Length) Or BSL (Bra strap Length) by July (My birthday month).I am finding that my hair truly enjoys henna and other Ayurvedic products.After leaving this henna on my hair for 4 hrs I did a deep condish for 2 hrs with Coconut oil when that was done I detangled added my deep treatment masque as a styler and sealed with coconut oil.I stretched my hair overnight for a updo protective style that I wore for two weeks.
*Products Used-
 Godrej Nupur The best quality of Rajasthani Mehendi with nine carefully chosen natural herbs valued for their hair care benefits. The ingredients are added in perfect proportions to give your hair the fabulous shiny & silky feel that you desire every single day.

In addition to 100% pure Rajasthani Henna, 9 Herbs are blended in:

Shikakai - Leaves hair clean & shining
Aloe Vera - Moisturises hair & makes it silky
Methi (Fenugreek) - Conditions, nourishes and revitalizes hair
Bhringraj - Makes hair luxuriant
Amla - Darkens hair colour, adds shine & luster
Neem - Fights scalp infection and prevents dandruff
Hibiscus - Rejuvenates hair, making it silky and shiny
Jatamansi - Prevents graying of hair
Brahmi - Promotes hair growth

This mix of herbs plus henna is an excellent combination for anyone looking for both conditioning and added strength!!
 *Honey- Honey is a humectant, which means that it holds on to water molecules.It also smooths the cuticle so the hair feels soft and looks shiny
*Coconut oil-Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair. It helps in healthy growth of hair providing them a shiny complexion. Regularmassage of the head with coconut oil ensures that your scalp is free of dandruff, lice, and lice eggs, even if your scalp is dry. Coconut oil is extensively used in the Indian sub-continent for hair care. Most of the people in these countries apply coconut oil on their hair daily after bath. It is an excellent conditioner and helps in the re-growth of damaged hair. It also provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair.
*Coconut Milk-Coconut milk has properties that make it very effective in repairing damaged hair and healing skin. For this reason, coconut milk is used in commercial products to hydrate, and moisturize.
*Vitamin E oil- For hair growth is beneficial because vitamin E has the effect of a scalp massage all the time. It contains valuable antioxidants that help to keep the immune system up and improves circulation to all parts of the body, including the scalp.
*Cheap conditiners -just to add slip and extra moisture Nupur Henna can be very drying to hair
*Green Tea-Also contains vitamin C, vitamin E and panthenol, which are all common ingredients in hair conditioner. Vitamin E restores dry or damaged hair, while vitamin C guards against damage from UV radiation. Panthenol, a provitamin, strengthens and softens hair and prevents split ends.
Cinnamon and Hibuscus tea- I added it because that tea brings out a reddish hue when added into Henna Hibuscus was used to dye hair long ago an dit is still used for that reason very easy on hair.

Hair wrapped for 4 hrs

Protective style after Henna




2 weeks after first treatment





~Pros: Very good deep condish for Natural hair
Very Inexpensive
Can give hair a reddish tint if used several times
Smoother,thicker,stronger hair
No Chemicals



    ~CONS: Can Be messy 
The smell (Kinda smelled like herbs and wet grass)
Dryness of the hair afterwards PLS (deep condish)
Might loosen curl Pattern
May not work on everyone all heads are not equal..


The more I learn the more I'll post so far so good really excited...

No comments:

Post a Comment